Home » Mid-Range Accommodation
Midrange Rwanda Lodges In Nyungwe Forest National Park
1. Nyungwe Nziza Eco-Lodge
Nyungwe Nziza Eco-Lodge is located very close to the “Nyungwe Forest National Park” (about a 40 minutes’ drive from the park).
It is located outside the small city of Kitabi in a very quiet place, close to a forest, in the middle of nature.
It is built in semi-traditional style and set on top a small hill which allows visitors to get views of Nyungwe mountain and tea plantations.
Accommodation At Nyungwe Eco-Lodge Comprises;
- These sleeps 2 people or 1 person
- They feature double and twin rooms
- The rooms contain comfortable beds, solar lamps, and table, Clothes Rack, and bath towels.
- Bedding includes 100% cotton sheets, duvet, pillow and mattress.
- A hot water-bag to warm the bed can be provided on request for free.
- The tents have a balcony where you can watch mesmerizing sunset over the Nyungwe National Park in the evening.
- These rooms accommodated 2 people or one person.
- They have double beds and Twin beds.
- Bedding includes very comfortable beds with 100% cotton sheets, duvet and pillows.
- A hot water-bag to warm the bed is also available on request for free.
- The rooms also feature a clothes rack, Africa handmade table and armchairs.
- The bathroom is with shower and warm water, W-C, water sink and bath towels.
- The balcony offers spectacular views of the mesmerizing sunset over the Nyungwe National Park in the evening.
- Portable tents are available in the camping area.
- Visitors can come with their tents and have the choice of the place.
- Sleeping bags, sleeping mats and solar lamps are available.
- There are clean outdoor showers and toilets.
Facilities At Nyungwe Eco Lodge Comprise;
- Offering delicious African and European cuisine
- The restaurant can prepare for you our specialized traditional African buffet.
- There is a fully stocked bar, with beers (local and internal brands), wines, soft drinks, fresh tropical fruit juice and cocktails.
Fireplace and Wood Oven
- This is where you can spend your during evening, as you have a drink, eats, in the company of other guests, friends and staff.
- There is also freshly baked bread and Pizza using our in-house WOOD OVEN.
- Well stocked with typical Rwanda traditional handmade crafts.
- The crafts are made by local community.
2. Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel
Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel is located in Buvungira Cell of Bushekeri Sector of Nyamasheke district of the Western Province of Rwanda.
As the names suggests Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel is built on the top of one of the hills positioning it to have the most beautiful views in the Nyungwe Forest area.
The hotel is located on the vicinity of Nyungwe National Park and it is a good base for trekking chimpanzees and exploring the forest.
Accommodation At Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel Includes;
- A total of 12 red-brick cottages
- The cottages are ranged in two rows, one on each side of the rondavels, along two sides of the lawn.
- Every cottage houses a bedroom, a small lounge area at the front, with terracotta-tiled floors, a sofa, chair and coffee table, and a fireplace.
- Although the furniture is different in every cottage, it is angular and modern throughout.
- The bedrooms are quite sparse, furnished only with a double, twin or triple beds, a chest of drawers and hanging space for clothes, but they have plenty of space and were spotlessly clean.
- African patterned throws cover the beds and there is traditional Rwandan ‘imigorigo’ artwork on the walls.
- There are no fans or air con but the team here will put hot-water bottles in your beds on cooler nights.
- The tiled bathrooms each have a sink, toilet and shower and some also have baths, with towels and toiletries provided.
Facilities And Services At Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel Include;
- Main areas at Nyungwe Top View are housed in a large, two-tiered ‘rondavel’ with a phenomenally high roof.
- Although a rondavel is usually a traditionally built round house, this building offers a rather more modern take on the theme.
- The ground floor, where you will find the reception, is sparsely furnished with a few modern angular sofas and walls adorned with traditional Rwandan murals.
- Circular wicker lights hang from the ceiling and dark tiled stairs lead up to a mezzanine balcony.
- It is on this second level that you will find the dining area, with tables and chairs set on a rather out-of-place black-tiled floor, and a sweeping veranda with wooden tables and chairs.
- The views from here are stunning and on clear days you can even see Lake Kivu and the volcanoes of the Congo beyond.
- There is also a bar on this level made almost entirely from bottle tops, giving it a bright, very kitsch look.
- It really was a piece of art – almost Art Deco.
Food And Drink
- Breakfast is served throughout the morning with cereals, fruit and toast available along with fruit juice, and a selection of teas and coffee. Guests may also order a full English breakfast with eggs (at extra cost) cooked to their liking. The hotel can provide a packed breakfast if you are leaving early in the morning.
- Lunch is three courses, from an à la carte menu.
- Dinner is typically served as a buffet, but if there are only a few guests this may be à la carte. The starter is normally soup, with the buffet featuring a range of hot dishes such as meat stews, vegetarian dishes, fish, rice and a selection of vegetables and potatoes.
Power Supply Notes
- There is a back-up generator in case of emergencies.
- It is possible to charge batteries in the rooms.
- The sockets have two European-style round pins, but the hotel can provide adaptors on request.
- There is Wi-Fi in the central area, although this can be fairly slow.
- There are security guards dotted around the property day and night, and there are safes in half of the cottages.
- Laundry is washed and dried by machine, at a small fee.